Tempeh is by far my favourite form of vegetarian protein!! It’s so versatile and easily picks up flavor!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Calorie per serving: 176
Macros for serving: 18 carbs /9 fat /15 protein
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. Truvia brown sugar
- 200 grams tempeh (I buy a local Vancouver brand)
- Whisk together the first 6 ingredients
- Cut up the tempeh into thin slices
- Lightly spray a pan and cook the tempeh over medium heat for about 5 minute
- When the tempeh starts to brown, pour the marinade over top making sure to coat all the pieces
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and is thick, about 5 minutes.
- Serve it with rice, sesame seeds and broccoli or broccolini or make an epic vegan platter like me!
I served my tempeh teriyaki with:
🔸roasted bell peppers
🔸sauteed beet greens
🔸roasted golden and red beets
🔸roasted cauliflower (recipe will be sent out soon)
🔸miso ginger carrot sauce