This is my absolute favourite thing to eat. My mom always use to make it for me..and still does on special occasions. It’s simple but so tasty!
Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 10 small servings
1 tsp coconut oil
2-4 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp fish sauce
1300 grams ground chicken breast
8 cups diced potatoes (I sometimes use sweet potatoes)
2.2 lbs frozen peas and carrots (you can also use frozen peas and fresh carrots)
5 bell peppers diced
Serve with Samabal Oleke
1. in a large pot heat coconut oil and add crushed garlic
2. cook ground chicken until no longer pink, add in pepper and fish sauce
3. add in diced potatoes, cover with a lid and put in medium to low eat for 15 minutes
4. mix in frozen peas and carrots and cook for an additional 5-10 minute with the lid on (till peas are not longer frozen
5. Add in cut up bell peppers. Replace the lid on the pot. Turn off the heat and let cook for about 10 minutes.
6. Enjoy with spicy sambal oleke and rice/cauliflower rice (or simply on its own).
I always cook this in my Le Cresuet pot!
This recipe is great to meal prep when we need dinner on meal prep day. This way we get dinner for two on Sunday and lunches or dinners Monday-Thursday.