Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
1 large head of cauliflower
1 Tbsp canola oil
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup sweet onion, chopped
2 cups frozen peas and carrots
2 cloves garlic, diced or pressed
500 grams cubed chicken breast
1/3 cup cashews
1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into tiny pieces or chunks
3 tbsp braggs liquid aminos or low sodium soya sauce
4 green onions, sliced
salt and pepper
* directions to make pineapple bowl at the bottom of page
- Follow my recipe for how to make cauliflower rice here but stop at step 4 (do not cook it in the microwave)
- Heat 1/4 tsp oil in a large pot. When hot, add eggs and cook. They should be scrambled.
- Remove eggs from pot and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tsp of the oil to the same pot (now empty). Now add the pineapple and allow to caramelize and brown a bit (up to 5 minutes of cooking on medium heat).
- Add the garlic and sweet onion to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cubed chicken breast. When the chicken is almost cooked, add the frozen peas and carrots. Continue cooking till vegetables are defrosted and chicken is fully cooked. Remove from pot and add to scrambled eggs.
- In the same pot, add the remaining oil. Throw in the cashews. Cook until slightly brown (make sure to mix them and keep an eye on them as they burn!).
- Add the cauliflower rice to the cashews. Mix together and cook for 2-5 minutes (it depends how soft you want the cauliflower).
- In a large bowl mix cooked cauliflower and cashews with eggs, onions, pineapple, chicken. Coat with Bragg’s liquid aminos or soy sauce.
- Mix in chopped green onions and serve.
Pineapple serving bowls
- Cut off the bottom of the pineapple.
- Use a pineapple de-corer to remove the edible part of the pineapple. It’s super easy and takes less than a minute.
- You will be left with an empty pineapple. De-coring the pineapple and removing the fruit from the bottom leaves the top of the pineapple totally intact.
- Next, stand the pineapple up (leave at the top) and cut straight down to halve the pineapple. You will now have three pieces: the bottom piece and 2 sides of the pineapple.
- Cut the bottom piece in half.
- use toothpicks to reattach each half of the bottom to the halved pineapples.
- Fill with cauliflower rice and enjoy!