I love pancakes! They are my perfect weekend treat after the gym. I’m sure i’m not alone in feeling like this, but, I hate having a killer workout and then filling my body with crap. Feels counter productive. Those big fluffy buttery flour filled pancakes also just seem to sit in my stomach all day. I despise that feeling.
This recipe is super QUICK, super EASY and super LIGHT.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 5-8 Pancakes
1/4 cup oatmeal flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c 1% cottage cheese
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp almond milk
light olive oil spray
1. In a blender GRIND enough oatmeal to make 1/4 of oatmeal flour.
2. Blend together all ingredients.
3. lightly grease your pan/or use a non-stick
4. Pour batter in (I don’t measure it. It depends on the size of the pancake you want.)
5. When the edges of the pancake are no longer wet and shiny and there are bubbles forming in the middle of the pancake, flip em’ over and cook the other side.
6. If you have a warming drawer stick them in there till the rest are ready!
7. Top them with fresh fruit and maple syrup or…
My favourite toppings:
1. Blend cottage cheese with lemon zest and about 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice – I spread it on and add fresh fruit. This is great if you like tart toppings topping!
2. Cut up half an apple into bite size pieces and cook it in a bit of butter with cinnamon.