Curry is definitely one of my favourite things to eat. Its like a hug for my belly! This is a light version of coconut chicken curry. I normally serve it with brown rice or cauliflower rice.
You can adapt the vegetables however you like. These are just what I like to put in. More vegetables make for a more substantial meal I find.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Makes approximately 4 servings
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs or sub for chicken breast (I like to do a combo)
1 peppers (red, orange or yellow)
1 egg plant
1 large onion
1 sweet potato
4-6 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp curry powder
3 tbsp of butter
1 1/2 cans light coconut milk
1. cup up chicken thighs into bite size pieces
2. peel and cut up both potatoes
3. press or chop garlic and onions
4. cut remaining vegetables into whatever size you prefer
5. In a large pan/pot melt your butter and add the curry powder. Mix to make a paste. Add coconut milk. *this is the pan/pot you will add all the ingredients so make sure it’s quite large.
6. Spray a smaller pan with oil. Saute onions and garlic for about 3 minutes. Add chicken. Cook till the chicken is no longer pink on the outside. Do not overcook, it will be going into the coconut and curry paste to cook for longer.
7. Add cooked chicken, onions, and potatoes into the pot with the coconut curry. Cook on high until it simmers. Then turn down to low/med, add vegetables and let it cook for another 15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and the curry has thickened.