What is IIFYM (if it fits your macros)?

I’m a flexible dieter! IIFYM (if it fits your macros) AKA flexible dieting has become a popular way to eat. Most of the time pictures involve epic looking burgers, pizza and donuts. This often gives the misconception that flexible dieting is about eating as many treats as possible as long as you drink enough protein shakes. This isn’t the case!

Flexible dieting when done properly is a way of balancing your fitness goals and life! IIFYM is the biggest reason why I’m never on a “diet” anymore. 80% of the time I eat unprocessed foods like complex carbs, healthy fats, vegetables, fruits and lean meats. The other 20% of the time I fit in treats like real ice cream, burgers and fries.

Eating like this means I’m never waiting for the weekend to go buck wild on foods or dreaming about what I’m going to eat at the end of my diet. I eat healthy versions of foods I love and still squeeze REAL treats when I want. It’s not about deprivation or going overboard, IIFYM is about balance for me.

Essentially, I am focusing on eating foods that hit my macros (carbs/fats/proteins). My macros are determined by my personal goals and training.

A lot of people enjoy flexible dieting because:

  • it can help you develop a healthy relationship with food
  • there are no such things as “good” foods or “bad” foods
  • it makes having a social life much easier
  • it is easier to stick to a diet when you can include foods you enjoy on a more regular diet
  • it is not about deprivation

If you want to know more….


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *