Meal prepping doesn’t have to be overly complicated. Lists of protein, carbs and fat at the bottom of the page.
Step 1: Pick a protein
- Pick one based on your taste and texture preferences.
- Marinate it or season it with fresh or dried spices and herbs.
- avoid pre-made sauces as they are generally full of sodium, fats and not so healthy ingredients (this is a general rule and certainly not true of all products)
Step 2: Pick a carb(s) and vegetable(s) that compliments your protein
- For meals following a workout I recommend including a complex carb. My post workout meal will generally include sweet potatoes, rice or oatmeal.
- For meals prior to a workout I recommend a simple carb (fruit)
- The rest of your meals don’t have to have as many carbs as your post workout meal
- If you’re keeping your carbs low, check out the section of the list low carb vegetables.
- You can steam, saute, grill or roast your veggies. I prefer to do so with a little olive oil or coconut oil and garlic or dried spices.
Step 3: Pick a fat that compliments your protein
- Depending on how you’re cooking your protein and vegetables you may or may not be adding more fats to your meal
- check out the full list to see what you can top your meals with