Sharing some of my favourite tips for staying on track while enjoying the holidays, because Christmas only comes once a year.
- Stay hydrated so you don’t confused thirst with hunger
- Pack snacks because you’ll probably be out longer than you think
- Try and be as active as possible (even things like parking a little farther away help)
- Have a small healthy meal before heading to that party/dinner
- Eat slowly (make it a game for yourself and see if you can be the last one to finish)
- When filling your plate at a buffet start with veggies, then protein and carbs
- Stop eating when you’re full instead of when you’re unhappy
- Don’t punish yourself if you do go overboard, but try not to think “screw it” and just keep going!