These low carb chicken burgers have been amazing while on my cut. I look forward to eating them every single day! Even hubby was impressed at how delicious these were!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 8 mini burgers (2 mini burgers per meal)
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Macros per serving: 15c/9f/51p
800 grams ground chicken breast
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp oregano
3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced + sautéed
cooking spray (I used avocado oil)
2 tomatoes (half a tomato per serving)
1 head of lettuce
1/2 a sweet onion (thinly sliced)
4 slices cheese (50-60 cal per slice)
2 cucumbers (1/2 a cucumber per serving as a side)
Toppings per 2 mini burgers:
1 Tbsp Ketchup
2 Tsp. Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Mince and sauté the garlic (you can add it to the meat raw but it does have more bite).
- Cover a baking tray with tinfoil and spray with olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and fresh parsley.
- Spray your hands with olive oil prior to forming the burgers. The oil prevent the burger mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Form 1 inch thick chicken burgers using 100 grams of ground chicken mix. I covered my food scale with tinfoil and weighed small amounts of ground meat before forming the burgers.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes flip your burgers, add cheese (half a slice per mini burger) and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes
- When it’s time to eat your mini burgers, lay them on a large lettuce leaf and top them with ketchup, mustard, fresh or caramelized onions, tomatoes, siracha, pickles or even grilled vegetables. I normally wrap my entire burger in lettuce using a second leaf of lettuce on top.
Below is how I store my mini burgers for a meal prep. I don’t wash the lettuce I use until just before eating to prevent it from getting soggy.
Subscribe HERE to get recipes, weight loss, fitness and meal prep tips!
Pingback: Low Carb Zoodles with Beef Bolognese | Just Get Fit
Pingback: Protein Style Beef Burger | Just Get Fit
Pingback: How do I decide what to meal prep? | Just Get Fit